Re: Restarting Emacs?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Restarting Emacs?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:49:53 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Lug, 22:57, Ian Eure <i...@digg.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2009, at 4:53 AM, Elena wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > can you make Emacs restart itself a la Firefox (for instance: after an
> > heavy update of initialization file)?
>
> Why would you want to do that when you could just eval-buffer the new
> init file?
>
>   - Ian

Because I share same Emacs configuration files both at work and at
home. Whenever I modify some file at home, before leaving I
synchronize them with a copy on a USB stick. When I'm back to work I
have to synchronize them back and restart Emacs. Therefore I was
looking for a way to write a function to automate such task from Emacs
itself.

Furthermore, I was thinking about writing a module which would look
for updates of currently installed modules and automatically
downloading them and restarting Emacs...