Re: Making forward-word work with curly apostrophes

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Making forward-word work with curly apostrophes
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:40:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 2, 1:19 pm, Ian Eure <i...@digg.com> wrote:
> If I have a text-mode buffer with the following two words:
>
> 1. I've
> 2. I’ve
>
> forward-word skips over "I've," but treats "I’ve" as _three_ words.

in my emacs23, it treats the second one as 2 words, not 3.

My emacs version is:
GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002) of 2009-05-28 on
LENNART-69DE564 (patched)

just tested on my carbon emacs which is emacs 22. Same behavior.

i work with text having curly quotes in the past several years, i
don't recall emacs treating it as 3 words with forward-word.

you prob have some customization that does that? tried starting with -
Q?

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄