Re: keyboard-translate working for Control but not for Alt

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: keyboard-translate working for Control but not for Alt
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 23:06:51 -0500

Elena wrote:
On 6 Ago, 18:34, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:
A conservative approach to Emacs ergonomics with a Dvorak keyboard on
w32  is to pull the keycaps, including the bottom row and use Keytweak
to reassign the mod keys:

super alt ctl spacebar ctl alt super hyper

What do you use the Hyper key for?

If all mod keys could be placed for easy access from the home keys and
if there were some way to make the simultaneous pressing of 3 mod keys
sticky (i.e allowing further mod keys to be stacked on top of them) then
one could touch type things like shift control alt super hyper meta a

Yes, Windows allows for sticky modifier: you can set that into
Accessibility options (Control Panel).

Thanks.

Yeah, I knew about that but I wanted them to be sticky dynamically, only if 3 were pressed simultaneously. Three plus an alphanumeric is about the limit for comfortable touch typing. As soon as the keychord is interpreted by Emacs they should become unsticky again.