Re: Emms error msg:EMMS: Handshake failed: FAILED Invalid/Missing Parame

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Emms error msg:EMMS: Handshake failed: FAILED Invalid/Missing Parameter(s)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:55:49 +0200

rpd <richard@dickinson350.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> I am trying to use EMMS to play .mp3 & have had this error message
> appear:
>
> <<
> EMMS: Handshake failed: FAILED Invalid/Missing Parameter(s)
>>>

> Can someone tell me what it is & how to fix it please?

Seems that emms tries to use the last.fm capabilities, but you didn't
set your username/password.  Most probably, you don't want to use that
feature.  So put

  (emms-lastfm-disable)

into your ~/.emacs.  (I'm not 100% sure this is the correct name of the
function, but `apropos-command' will help you to figure it out.)

Bye,
Tassilo