Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please

From: rpd
Subject: Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 03:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joost

Many thanks for your helpful replies.
I have no got Emacs to find antiword (& it opens in cmd/dos shell)

However every MS Word .doc I open I get an error message:
- is not a Word Document

When I open a .doc file I get this message in the minibuffer:
Select coding: (default iso-8859-1):

and I just hit [RET] (which I presume accepts the default coding-whatever
that is!)

but get the above error message & the .doc does not open

Now what is the matter? Any ideas?

Thanks & best wishes