Re: Viper: replacing text?

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Viper: replacing text?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:38:03 -0400

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

    Do you mean you want us to explain how this is done in Viper so you
    can understand why we are using Viper?

Not originally, but if that would help me understand, yes thank you.

But I guess where I'm coming from is the `GNU/Emacs v Vi' thing (I've
used Vi, and it seems like a cool text editor) and personally preferring
GNU/Emacs and then wondering why on Earth I would then want it to behave
like Vi.

Essentially.

Not dissimilar to why (?) why I wouldn't blend coffee beans when I want
to really know ... taste ... the difference in taste between coffee from
Sumatra and coffee from Puerto Rico.

Especially when I would lose a sequence like the one used in GNU/Emacs
to do what the original post was asking about.

Maybe, this is just one of those itches ... questions ... that can't be
scratched at the moment.