Re: Turn off selection coloring

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Turn off selection coloring
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:22:29 +0200

Hi Harry,

> I'll admit I only spent about 10 minutes looking for this answer... I
> did
>
> [...]
>
> I didn't find out how to turn off the blue color that appears when
> mark is set, and I scroll. Indicating a selected region.  The one that
> requires two spc bar hits to turn off.

When you only want to remove the coloring, then do

  M-x customize-face RET region

and remove the background color there.

If you don't like the new special handling [1] of the active region at
all, then put

     (transient-mark-mode -1)

into your ~/.emacs.

Bye,
Tassilo
[1] Some commands behave differently when the mark is active of
    deactivated.  This can be very handy, although this feature
    isn't used too much till now.