Re: Gnus with Emacs 23: gnus-gcc-mark-as-read not working anymore

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: Gnus with Emacs 23: gnus-gcc-mark-as-read not working anymore
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:49:42 +0200

Hi all,

in the meantime I dived into the code and found that my description was
not fully correct.  Right after sending a message with GCC-headers those
messages seem to be marked read, because they don't show up immediately
after sending.  Just when I hit 'g' (gnus-group-get-new-news) the new
message make the group appear bold and with a message count > 0 in the
group buffer.

Without really understanding the code, is it possible that this happens
because the agent will regenerate the group first and the messages will
be marked as read afterwards?

Setting gnus-verbose to a value >10 and by adding
  (message "DEBUG Mark as read! %s %s" group (cdr group-art))
the function gnus-inews-do-gcc just before
  (gnus-group-mark-article-read group (cdr group-art))
I get the following in the message buffer:

Sending...
Sending via mail...
Wrote /home/user/contact/gnus/mail/office/all/31319
Regenerating in nnml:mail.office.all
DEBUG Mark as read! mail.office.all 31319
Wrote /home/user/contact/gnus/mail/2009-09/303
Regenerating in nnml:mail.2009-09
DEBUG Mark as read! mail.2009-09 303
Sending...done

Any ideas?  Or maybe is there a better place to ask?

Kind regards,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)