EMACS 23.1.1 and crypt++

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: EMACS 23.1.1 and crypt++
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday, I upgraded to EMACS 23.1.1/WinXP, from some version of
EMACS 22. Unfortunately, now crypt++.el does not behave correctly
anymore:

When I open a file with extension ".gpg", as configured, it correctly
asks for a password and presents a buffer with the decrypted contents.
However, when I try to save the file, the it firsts asks whether it
should be stored encrypted, and then for the password. This behavior
is unwanted. I want crypt++.el to always save the file and encrypt it
with the password I specified earlier.

How do I get back the old behavior?

- Felix

PS: Yes, I already tried XEmacs' "crypt.el": same problem.