Re: Delete every other line

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Delete every other line
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:37:49 +0100

James wrote:
Is there a way to deleting blank unnecessarily double spaced blank lines in a buffer. "delete-blank-lines" doesn't do what I want.

Cheers,
James
James,
Ctrl-Home
M-x replace-regexp RET
C-q C-j C-q C-j + RET
C-q C-j RET

will replace two-or-more end-of-line characters with
a single end-of-line, for the entire buffer.

C-q allows a special character to be entered literally (from the keyboard),
C-j is end-of-line. + means one-or-more of the previous character (here the last
C-j).

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.