New feature: PHP and HTML 4 editing mode

From: Gunnar Vestergaard
Subject: New feature: PHP and HTML 4 editing mode
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:20:32 +0000

How do I reach the developers of Emacs? Is this the right forum for posting a feature request?

What I desire is a combined PHP and HTML 4 editing mode. That is, syntax coloring and line wrap for each line of a PHP document which also may contain hypertext markup between ?> and <?php tags.

And while we are at it, why not throw in Cascading Style Sheet syntax coloring? CSS is written between <style type="text/css"> and </style> tags in the same type of documents.

Whether to implement this in Emacs itself or to provide it as an optional install package is an open question, from my point view at least.

Gunnar Vestergaard
Torshavn, Faroe Islands.