Re: No filenames in Buffers menu

From: Peter Flynn
Subject: Re: No filenames in Buffers menu
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:56:27 +0000

Tim X wrote:
"Drew Adams" <drew.adams@ORACLE.COM> writes:

That's very nice, thanks, but I'd still prefer to have my recent buffers in the Buffers menu like they always used
to be. I wonder why they took them away?
Sorry, I didn't read well.
You're talking about the `Buffers' menu-bar menu.
I thought you were talking about the `Buffer Menu' (from `C-x C-b').

Sounds like Glenn gave you the info you really needed.

Looks like your not the only one who didn't read carefully - I forget
about the menus as I never use them. I immediately thought it was the
buffers buffer  i.e. C-x C-b

Sorry for the confusion. That's why I explicitly wrote Buffers with a cap B. C-x C-b always worked, but it's not as useful when doing a lot of mouse-based editing; much more so when I'm doing keyboard-based.

But Drew's suggestion of buff-menu+.el as an enhancement is excellent. I can't imagine how I'd missed that.

///Peter