Re: syncing w3m/firefox bookmarks

From: rustom
Subject: Re: syncing w3m/firefox bookmarks
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:43:44 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 21, 10:15 pm, Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> rustom <rustompm...256@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Nov 21, 11:30 am, Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpia...257@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> TODO:
>
> >> - Importing Firefox bookmarks in Emacs bookmarks.
>
> > In /.mozilla/firefox/<user>/ there is a sqlite database called
> > places.sqlite
>
> > If you copy that out (safer that way!) to some other directory say ~/
> > tmp
> > and there run
> > ~/tmp$ sqlite3 places.sqlite
>
> > then give
> > select * from moz_places, moz_bookmarks where moz_places.id =
> > moz_bookmarks.fk
> > you get (I think!!) something like a dump of firefox's bookmarks
> > [My firefox is 3.5]
>
> Thank you for this precious info. ;-)
>
> --
> A + Thierry Volpiatto
> Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

I think my sql is almost certainly wrong
I got some sense of whats there from here (but its not enough)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/The_Places_database
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite#Technical_Information
Also if you want to hack on sqlite its nice to have something like
sqlite manager (firefox plugin)