Re: Working with slime

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Working with slime
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:15:09 +1100

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> I want to work with slime. I use:
>     (setq inferior-lisp-program "/opt/bin/clisp") ; your Lisp system
>     (require 'slime)
>     (slime-setup)
>
> Bu this gives:
>     let: SIGPIPE raised on process inferior-lisp; closed it
>
> What is going wrong?
>
> I am using:
>     GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

What version of clisp?
What version of slime?
Can you run clisp from the command line in a terminal?
What Linux distribution are you using?

At a guess, I'd say slime is having problems starting clisp. From
memory, clisp also has command line arguements that make it interface
better with emacs.  Maybe you need that.

In the clisp distributions, there is a file called editors.txt or
something similar. It contains instructions on how to setup a very basic
clisp environment with clisp running in a inferior lisp mode. It might
be worth trying to get that to work first as its simpler than slime, but
uses a similar approach. Therefore, it might be easier to debug the
asics and then add slime in later.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au