Re: buffer name face

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: buffer name face
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:33:07 +0100

> How do you change the color of the buffer name in the mode line?  In tty
> on Ubuntu 9.10, it's a pale grey that I can't really see.

The buffer name is controlled by the buffer-local variable
mode-line-buffer-identification.

You can set it directly, but if you want to set its color and also
preserve the help, local-map, etc, you can try something like this:

(let* ((bid (propertized-buffer-identification "%12b"))
       (bstr (car bid)))
  (add-text-properties 0 (length bstr) '(face (:foreground "black"
:background "orange")) bstr)
  (setq-default mode-line-buffer-identification bid))

Hope this helps,

    Juanma