Re: problems with efont (solved)

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: problems with efont (solved)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:39:55 +0100

On Mon, Jan 04 2010, Peter Münster wrote:

> - I've discovered Menu-bar -> Options -> Set Default Font ...
>   (why only now and not earlier...???), where I could set the right
>   size (18) and save it to .gnu-emacs-custom
>   Do you know, how to set the size with command-line option or X-resources?

Hello,

I've found it: "Lucida Sans Typewriter-18"

> - For now, I'm quite satisfied with Lucida, but when I have some more time,
>   I'll look for a font with another height/width ratio (less height) to
>   get more lines on my screen... (with efont I got 5 more lines)

I was wrong: I got 5 more lines with Efont, because the width of the font
was also smaller.

But I've discovered another problem with Lucida: "0" and "O" are not
distinguishable.

Now I've played again with Efont, but this time with the
fontconfig-notation. The pleasant result: *it works*!
That means: no more problems with "Efont Fixed-18".

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/