Re: ispell in Emacs.app

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Re: ispell in Emacs.app
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 22:06:47 -0500

From: Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com>

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to do ispell in Emacs.app on my Mac but because of PATH
issues it can't see aspell or the like.  Does anyone know how to
accomplish this?

The first question I'll ask is "is aspell in your shell's path"?  If
it is, great.  If not, then you should adjust your shell's PATH
accordingly.

If aspell is in your shell's path, then try starting Emacs.app like
this:

   open /Applications/Emacs.app

(assuming that you've put Emacs.app in /Applications).

When you start emacs this way, it will inherit your shell's
environment.  Whatever is in your shell's PATH will also be in Emacs'
PATH.

If you prefer to start emacs by double-clicking (rather than using
`open'), then you can try setting PATH using an environment.plist.

   http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html

Steve