Re: Emacs Server via Emacs.app

From: Sean Bryant
Subject: Re: Emacs Server via Emacs.app
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:37:17 -0500

On 2010-02-03 13:12:47 -0500, Tim Visher said:

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to get emacs server running again just like we got ispell
working for me again.  I'm not sure what I'm missing this time.  I
started emacs from the command line via `open Emacs.app` and that
worked fine, loading my PATH etc. but now emacsclient can't find the
server.  I typically start the server via `.emacs` and that works on
Windows but not here, apparently.

Thoughts?

Actually look inside the Emacs.app folders and find the emacsclient bundled inside.

For example the emacs that I build on OS X has the emacsclient buried in Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/

That's the one you want to use not the one in path since OS X comes with emacs as part of the OS.