Re: To setq or not setq, that is the question.

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: To setq or not setq, that is the question.
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:31:15 -0700

Bill wrote:
Newbie here.

In my .emacs file (blink-cursor-mode nil) works correctly.
Also (setq visible-bell t) works as promised.

Is there some clue I am missing as to when setq is required and when
not?

`C-h v VARIABLE' and `C-h f FUNCTION' should make it clear what is necessary and
sufficient -- if not, it's a documentation bug.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA