Re: calendar-date-style

From: Pingouin
Subject: Re: calendar-date-style
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:41:36 -0000

Thanks to both, Tim and Glen, your comments are invaluable and highly
appreciated.

I think there is a problem between "recentf-mode" and "calendar",
maybe?  Here is what I tried.

1.-- Renamed my .emacs so Emacs will start without any customization.
2.-- Re-started Emacs.
3.-- M-x load-library <enter> calendar <enter>
4.-- M-x customize-variable <enter> calendar-date-style <enter>
5.-- Changed the value from "american" to "iso", any value give the
same result.
6.-- Pushed the "Save for future sessions" button.
7.-- Got the following error in the mini-buffer.

Symbol's function definition is void: recentf-expand-file-name

And, of course, nothing is written to .emacs file.

8.-- Now, in the same session I turned off "recentf-mode".
9.-- Did the customize-variable thing again.
10.-- This time Emacs creates a new .emacs file and writes the
customization to it.

I had been using "recentf-mode" for many versions of Emacs without
problems, I had not changed my .emacs when upgrading to 23.1;
something must have gotten broken somewhere?

Now, I am going to turn to your advice Tim and try to start cleanly
with the rewritten calendar.

Thanks again to both,

Gérald