Re: Scrolling text erases the search highlight

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: Scrolling text erases the search highlight
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 06:33:41 -0700

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 01:33 AM, Gabriel TEIXEIRA wrote:
very useful, but the isearch-allow-scroll doesn't work very well with
me. It
will conserve the search if I do C-l or C-v, but won't if I use the mouse
scroll wheel or if I use the arrow keys to move the cursor (which are the
way I scroll the screen mostly). I want something that works similar to the
Linux man search, the vim or the gedit, that conserves the highlight as
long
as the search is erased. Any other suggestions?

This is very strange, I tried it on emacs 24.0.50.1 when I read Qiang's response. And it worked like a charm. And now that you mention it, I tried it again on emacs 23.2.1. This time it behaves exactly as you describe!

--
Suvayu