Re: Prefix-Arg (non-interactive!) in Info

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: Prefix-Arg (non-interactive!) in Info
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:36:19 +0200

> In any case, the relevant doc is node `Prefix Command Arguments' of the Elisp
> manual.  You can find it easily via `i prefix argument RET' (that is, using
> the
> manual's index).

Ah, thank you very much for this hint.

,----[ (info "(elisp)Prefix Command Arguments") ]
|    Here are the possible values of a raw prefix argument:
|    * Nil [...]
|    * An integer, which stands for itself.
*    * A list of one element, which is an integer.  This form of prefix
*      argument results from one or a succession of `C-u''s with no
*      digits.  The numeric value is the integer in the list, but some
*      commands make a distinction between such a list and an integer
*      alone.
|    * The symbol `-' [...]
`----

I remember seeing it when I searched, but I dismissed it too quickly.
Curious, an 'integer', or a 'list of one element' ... which is an
integer.

Well, thats then the way it is.

Thanks Drew, thanks Eli!