Re: Text selection can't be erased by pressing delete

From: Gabriel TEIXEIRA
Subject: Re: Text selection can't be erased by pressing delete
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:15:03 +0200

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:08:57 +0200
From: Gabriel TEIXEIRA<gabriel_teixeira@sdesigns.eu>

I've been working with three simultaneous emacs windows, each one
containing a diferent project, and I noticed that two of those three are
presenting a weird behaviour. When I select a text in those windows
(like by pushing Shift and then the arrow keys), and then I push the key
Delete, I expect that the selected/highlighted text be erased, but
instead, it erases a single character to the left of the cursor (like
would happen without the selection) and the selection disappears
(although the same operation works with Backspace or Shift+Delete
normally). It seems that the Delete key is not anymore aware of the text
selection. It is even more weird the fact that this doesn't happen with
the window that I opened the last and the other windows that I opened
after to check the behaviour. I seems that emacs "wears" after some time
opened. Anyone have any idea of what's this? Is this a bug or I typed
accidentaly any command that triggers this behaviour?
What does the following command display, when you invoke it from each
of the 3 windows?

   C-h c<Delete>

That is, type "C-h c", the press the<Delete>  key.

Also, what version of Emacs is that?  What does "M-x emacs-version"
display?

Please, disconsider my last e-mail, here it is the correct stuff:

In the ill windows:

C-d (translated from <delete>) runs the command c-electric-delete-forward
C-d (translated from <delete>) runs the command c-electric-delete-forward

And in the good windows:
C-d (translated from <delete>) runs the command c-electric-delete-forward

And, yes, I forgot to tell the emacs version before asking. Here it is:
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2010-07-22 on kobe