Re: Could someone give me a hint how to write my own function based on t

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: Could someone give me a hint how to write my own function based on tramp?
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:29:50 +1000

Lei Wang <f3d27b@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to write a function for my own use. It is going to be a wraper of an
> operation sequence, such as, change to root, run some shell and create and
> open a file. But i even can't find to use which tramp function, and how does
> tramp start.

Yeah.  You probably won't find TRAMP much help in writing that, frankly,
because it does a lot of things that are entirely irrelevant but quite complex
compared to what you want.

Anyway, it hooks in through the `file-name-handler-alist', and the methods
`tramp{,completion-}-file-name-handler' which then go ahead and act on the
path passed by the user.

> Could anyone give some advices?

If you define your problem better for us you can likely get better advice.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707