Re: tramp & numberp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp & numberp
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:30:59 +0200

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

>> Than I'm lost. You could try with make --debug, but I don't expect too
>> much information from ...
>>
>> Anybody else having this trouble with Tramp 2.2?
>>
>> Best regards, Michael.
>
> Yes me too :)
> But why there is a directory
> tramp/lisp

That is the directory containing Tramp's lisp files.

> and a directory
> tramp2?

Ignore it. These are old files; the "tramp2" approach (which was a
rewriting of Tramp) is not followed anymore.

> Also in tramp/lisp there is version 2.20-pre and in the other the CVS
> id.

I hope you are speaking about version 2.2.0-pre.

> The thing I really don't get is where the hell this "lstoll" comes from,
> it's not a user at all in my system and it's not anywhere in the
> makefiles.

I've checked the Makefile, again. I have the impression, that the
configure call did a wrong expansion of @abs_builddir@. Could you,
please, adapt the setting in Makefile (line 36) by

builddir        = /Users/andrea/Documents/pycon/tramp/lisp

Afterwards, you must call "make" again.

Best regards, Michael.