Re: Emacs shell support

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs shell support
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:31:32 +0200

Am 26.10.2010 um 08:31 schrieb Raju Tatti:

What needs to be done to make emacs to see this locally set env.

Either use csh or tcsh or learn bash. There is also documentation about ~/.emacs_<shell name>.

In a terminal I have 74 shell aliases active, in GNU Emacs' *shell* buffer it's even 75. But maybe you are using eshell. Then you need to learn it from documentation. I did not complete my studies and so I have there only 42 aliases – and to me some seem to be the wrong ones (producing colourful ls output). I also do not have so much experience in this shell...

--
Greetings

  Pete

A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
                                – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry