Re: Modifying many function calls

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Modifying many function calls
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:11:28 +0200

Am 26.10.2010 11:55, schrieb Andrea Crotti:
Andrea Crotti<andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com>  writes:

I would like to finally prepend a prefix to all my personal functions.
Since they are 80 at the moment I would like to do it automatically.

For the (defun fun) part is easy, but what about all the places when
they are called?

I should loop on all the
(defun fun) and substitute all the occurrences of fun every time, what's
the best way to do it with Emacs?

Thanks,
Andrea

I was also seeing if semantic can help, but if I go on any of the
functions and I try
M-x RET semantic-symref, I don't anything, even if there are actually
calls to that function and semantic is working fine.

Hi,

wrote years ago the opposite: defining aliases for all prefixed functions, The alias then was the function name with prefix turned into suffix. Should exist in the gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org archive somewhere.

Purpose was making completion of function-groups work.
However, would write that differently today probably.

Also, if you give some info here, it should be possible to put the script together at this list.

Questions would be:

- reside all files with functions to rename in the same directory?
- really all functions to rename?
- only functions to rename, not variables?

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode-components
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/