Re: line-move-visual

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:13:36 -0000

On 6/13/2010 11:51 AM, David Kastrup wrote:

If you want some response from the developers, the right way is to talk
with them like normal human beings would rather than trying to view them
as laboratory rats and discuss your findings about their reactions with
other superior life forms.

If you have questions about the intent behind a post of Stefan, the
person to ask is Stefan.

Hmm.  A bit unfair, but good point.  I will.

The question is not how to manipulate Emacs developers into doing things
the way you'd like them to do.  The question is how to argue against the
priorities and reasons (readily accessible in the developer list
archives) that lead to the current decision, and come up with additional
data that may shift the balance.

Ok, I have indicated how the change to the semantics of `next-line' affects VM and perhaps other similar packages.

Mark, if you are still around, can you tell us how it affects you? Why kind of users do you have and why can't set line-move-visual to nil?

Cheers,
Uday