Re: line-move-visual

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:13:59 -0000

> Every time I narrowed down to that issue in this thread, the participants
> have fallen silent (first Xah Lee then Tim Cross, Alan Mackenzie and Stefan
> himself).  I guess there is no good answer to it.

I did give you the answer: I tried it and found to my surprise that
I liked it, so I suggested it and people said "no way", then they tried
it and some people hated it, while others really liked it.

So in the end it was a judgment call, and I decided that the added
convenience of being able to deal with very-long-lines without having to
change mode was more important.  I.e. I decided that case 3 (in my
earlier long post about it) was less common and less important.

        Stefan