Re: How buffer list be current buffer and not be in a split window?

From: TheFlyingDutchman
Subject: Re: How buffer list be current buffer and not be in a split window?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:20:48 -0000

On Jul 24, 7:37 am, Chris Seberino <cseber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I open multiple buffers, the buffer list is in a split window
> below another buffer.
>
> How make buffer list be the current buffer upon startup and avoid
> split windows?
>
> cs

I think this works and is what you are looking for.
If you put this in your .emacs initialization file, the buffer list
will always show up in the currently active/selected window.

(defun ListBuffers (&optional files-only)
  "Display a list of names of existing buffers.
The list is displayed in the active window in a buffer named `*Buffer
List*'.
Note that buffers with names starting with spaces are omitted.
Non-null optional arg FILES-ONLY means mention only file buffers.
For more information, see the function `buffer-menu'."
  (interactive "P")
  (window--display-buffer-2 (list-buffers-noselect files-only)
             (selected-window))
)

(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-b") 'ListBuffers)