Re: auth-source multiple accounts

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: auth-source multiple accounts
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:16 -0000

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:21:19 +0100 Uday S Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk>
wrote:

USR> We do have logical account names in VM.  Are you saying that we could
USR> use them in the netrc file as the "machine", instead of the actual
USR> host name?  We could. But I suppose the users will wonder why these
USR> things are supposed to be called "machines".

I mean "machine" will still be the server name but VM will also pass an
optional (account "xyz") query parameter to
auth-source-user-or-password, which will find "account xyz" in the netrc
file.

I'll add another optional parameter QUERIES to
auth-source-user-or-password.  It will be an alist.  When a query is not
specified you'd still get the first match (thus it's backwards
compatible).  Does all that sound reasonable?

USR> But I am not sure how auth-source-pick can help with this problem.  It
USR> seems like a way to pick a source file.

Sorry, I made a mistake, just see auth-source-user-or-password.
auth-source-pick deals with auth-source backends, which VM doesn't care
about.

Ted