Re: How to enable the Major mode: ttcn-3-mode.

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: How to enable the Major mode: ttcn-3-mode.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:24:05 -0000

Hill wrote:

<snip!>
> But getting wrong info:
> File mode specification error: (error "Buffer CoffeeSuite.ttcn3 is not
> a CC Mode buffer (c-set-style)")
>
> Any the emacs version I used on windows is emacs 23.1.
>
> I also try to install the ttcn3 on Ubuntu by running : sudo apt-get
> install ttcn.el. All is going well. But when I open a ttcn3 file, it
> give me the same error info:
> File mode specification error: (error "Buffer CoffeeSuite.ttcn3 is not
> a CC Mode buffer (c-set-style)")
> I checked the version on my ubuntu is emacs 22.
>
> I was so confused, Is this a bug?
Hill,
I've just installed ttcn-el on my Debian box.

On it,
M-x ttcn-mode
works,
but
M-x ttcn-3-mode
reports  "Buffer *scratch* is not a CC Mode buffer (c-set-style)"
which is the same as you get.

I don't have a sample ttcn file to see how well the mode works.

I'm afaid I don't know enough about the internals of CC mode
to help you much further.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

BTW,
1) Debian's packages can be searched here
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages

2) A binary .deb file is a .ar of .tgz files; they can be opened
manually on any Linux box (or even under cygwin)

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.