Re: Send mails to group of email addresses in bbdb, When C-x m (compose-

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Send mails to group of email addresses in bbdb, When C-x m (compose-mail)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:17 -0000

Op zondag 15 aug 2010 16:28 CEST schreef filebat:

> I'd like for send mails to couple of recipients in bbdb.
>
> I try to achieve this, by the following workaround.
> - Create an user defined field of "Group" in bbdb.
> - Each record will be tagged to several groups manually.
> - Whenever I want to send mails to certain group, I will search bbdb records
>       which has the value of this group.
> - In *bbdb* buffer, press "* m". And I got the To field with a list of email
> address.
>
> Is there any built-in utility, which helps to better support this feature.

You should use mail-alias for this. When you use a comma delimited
list in mail-alias, then the record is a member of every maillist with
this name. When putting in the complete name (tab expansion does not
work) and given tab, the name of the alias is expanded to every
(first) e-mail address of the records having this alias in mail-alias.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer