Re: Unreadable buffer names in Emacs 23.2

From: Android Eve
Subject: Re: Unreadable buffer names in Emacs 23.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:24:52 -0000

On Aug 14, 12:16 am, Tim X <t...@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

> What is your font setting? What are your locale settings? Does dired
> work? What do you see in shell/term/eshell prompts and can you read the
> output from ls in these buffers? Is the buffer encoding for boffers that
> look right and those that don't the same?
>
> Are all the buffer name characters boxes or are just some of them?

Tim, thanks for your thorough reply. I will be checking shortly some
of the suggestions you provided, but before doing so, I would like to
provide links to snapshots of what I actually see (1 picture is worth
1000 words):

minibuffer: http://yfrog.com/meminibufferp

buffer list:  http://yfrog.com/3mbufferlistp

dired buffer: http://yfrog.com/jkdiredp

Does the above help zero in on the problem?