Re: Unreadable buffer names in Emacs 23.2

From: Android Eve
Subject: Re: Unreadable buffer names in Emacs 23.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:10 -0000

Thank you, Tim. I did exactly as you suggested and it works very well.
Modifying .emacs via the Options menu (which is a totally new concept
to me...), resulted in appending the following 2 lines:

(custom-set-faces
'(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background
"Black" :foreground "LightGray" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-
through nil :overline nil :underline nil :slant normal :weight
normal :height 90 :width normal :foundry "outline" :family "Lucida
Console")))))

I must admit that although I can't live without Emacs, I find it
frustrating to have to "fix" my .emacs every time I upgrade to a new
version. Is there a way to create a .emacs that will never break?
(i.e. forward-compatible)