Re: Adding a sublist to a list on startup

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: Adding a sublist to a list on startup
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 08:52:08 -0500

>> No, sorry, there are two different lists getting modified there. The
>> first three pushes add to LaTeX-item-list, which is an alist (thus the
>> dots). This seems to work as expected. The second group of pushes adds
>> to LaTeX-environment-list, which is a list of two-element lists (no
>> dots).
>
> M-x debug-on-entry RET my-LaTeX-hook RET
>
> Then use `d' to step through the function. You can use `e' at any time to
> evaluate something (e.g. `LaTeX-env-item').  That should show you what the
> problem is.

Finally got round to trying this. I can use e to evaluate items, but d
gives me an error at the top of the buffer:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot return from the debugger in
an error")

Which I take to mean there is some error in the hook?

The full hook is pasted below. It looks correct to me, but maybe I've
missed something?

(defun my-LaTeX-hook ()
  (TeX-PDF-mode)
  (auto-fill-mode)
  (face-remap-set-base 'default '(:family "Verdana" :height 140))
  (setq TeX-command-default "PdfLatex")
  (push '("choices" . LaTeX-insert-choice) LaTeX-item-list)
  (push '("parts" . LaTeX-insert-part) LaTeX-item-list)
  (push '("questions" . LaTeX-insert-question) LaTeX-item-list)
  (push '("choices" LaTeX-env-item) LaTeX-environment-list)
  (push '("questions" LaTeX-env-item) LaTeX-environment-list)
  (push '("parts" LaTeX-env-item) LaTeX-environment-list))

Thanks,

Tyler