landscape postscript printing

From: David Penton
Subject: landscape postscript printing
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:07:21 -0500

I often use postscript printing (ps-print-buffer) to print out source code.

I have set postscript customization options to default to landscape, with the N
Up Printing set to 1.

Why do I always get two columns even with N Up Printing set to 1? The only
thing that seems to work is to (setq ps-number-of-columns 1) but as I
understand it the N Up option is meant to force the number of columns.

I use OS X 10.6.5. The problem seems to occur with aquamacs, xemacs, and also
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (which I guess comes with OS X).

Am I setting the wrong customization option or something? Duh.

Best,

- Dave -