Re: Emacs application window resizes everytime I start

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Emacs application window resizes everytime I start
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:58:32 +0100

n179911 <n179911@gmail.com> writes:

> I am running emacs on ubuntu 10.10. Everytime I start Emacs, the
> application window is big and then resize.
> I assume it is caused by me setting the default font in .emacs file
> (via the emacs menu time, 'Set default face').
>
> Is there anyway to avoid emacs resize its application windows everytime I
> start?

Before evaluating ~/.emacs, the window manager will create the emacs
frame as indicated by ~/.Xresources ; to avoid any change of size, you
should put the same size (and position) there as in ~/.emacs.

emacs.geometry:                             81x71-68+0
emacs.dialog*.background:                   LightBlue1
emacs*pane.background:                      LightBlue1
emacs*menu*background:                      LightBlue1
emacs*menubar*background:                   LightBlue1
emacs*verticalScrollBar.background:         LightBlue1
emacs*verticalScrollBar.throughColor:       LightBlue3
emacs*background:                           LightBlue1
emacs*foreground:                           DarkSlateBlue
emacs*pointerColor:                         Black
emacs*cursorColor:                          Red
emacs*bitmapIcon:                           off

emacs.font:         6x12
emacs.menu.font:    6x12
!! emacs.font:      fixed