Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:58:07 +0100

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> Forgot to mention: neither "C-g" does break the hang nor the hang
> happens whenever I issue some specific command.  Thus your debugger,
> REPL and whole lisp development environment can't help.  You'd need a
> powerful IDE to debug such intricate cases.

Frankly that's just bullshit.
Do you think an IDE could help you to solve problems with Emacs?

If it hangs and there is something serious your IDE will crash as well.
If you really have so serious bugs (which version/os?) only a debugger
can help.

If the problems are caused by your customized configuration use the
bisect technique.

First evaluate half of the buffer and see if it works or not, and so on
recursively.
I guess it will take not more than 1 minute to understand where the
problem is.