Re: Looking for CDPATH functionality in emacs.

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: Looking for CDPATH functionality in emacs.
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:40:06 +0100

Hi Steven,

"Steven W. Orr" <steveo@syslang.net> writes:

> This is a bit long, so all I can do is apologise.
>
> I have a number of directories that I use frequently. From the bash side of
> things I set the CDPATH variable in bash to :d1:d2:d3 and then I can just go
> to places inside d[123] and it just works. I also have the bash variable
> cdable_vars set to allow me to say
>
> d4=/path/to/d4
>
> followed by
>
> cd d4
>
> and it all works peachy keen.

you might want to checkout a program called cdargs (yes, this is a
shameless self-ad).  It provides bookmarks for the shell (bash is well
supported, tcsh and zsh a little bit) and also integrates into emacs so
that you can do a "M-x cv" and use the same bookmarks as in bash.

In addition to that, you might also be interested in anything
(anything.el) which I use a lot these days.

Kind regards,
Stefan
--
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)
You hit. The format string crumbles and turns to dust.