Re: gdb hangs in Emacs 23.2.1 (Mac OSX 10.6.3)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: gdb hangs in Emacs 23.2.1 (Mac OSX 10.6.3)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 00:10:00 +0100

Am 07.02.2011 um 20:28 schrieb Dylan:

 <key>PATH</key>
 <string>/bin:/sbin:/usr:/opt/local:/Users/Dylan/Library/Application
Support/SuperCollider:/Applications/SuperCollider</string>

Perhaps I am missing something here? Am I missing something?

Not you, but PATH: it misses a) sequence and b) bin directories.

If you want an UNIX system find a particular version of an executable *before* its other version, then you set the first version's path *before* that of the second version. So MacPorts's /opt/local/bin should come early (usually it is set first in your login shell's RC file) in PATH. And you need to exactly name the complete path to executable, i.e., /opt/local/bin, because in /opt/local/bin the other gdb is located.

After changes in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist you need to log off and in again to have them valid. (No MS reboot.) You do not need MANPATH?

PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Users/pete/bin:/usr/local/texlive/ 2010/bin/universal-darwin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/ sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/Developer/Tools

--
Greetings

  Pete

One-Shot Case Study, n.:
The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from which it is concluded all clovers possess four leaves and are sometimes green.