Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?

From: Cthun
Subject: Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:08:44 -0500

On 2011-02-23, Rafe Kettler<rafe.kettler@gmail.com>  wrote:
And then, of course, there's the tendency of operating systems to
blue-screen, laptops to overheat and hang, etc. no matter how stable the
editor application is.

You must be a Windows user. You must also not be an Emacs power user,
because you think it's acceptable to use the arrow keys as cursors.

LOL!

If you don't, please use C-b, C-f, C-p, and C-n in place of the
arrow keys. It dramatically improves speed.

But my driving speed is most of the time limited by applicable laws.
Even if using these keys would improve speed of my car, would not I
get more tickets?

Good point. Most typing tasks are not just vast quantities of mindless data entry; the limit to speed comes from something else, like "how fast can I think up the stuff I'm typing in" or similarly, anyway.

And then there's the "get more typos" factor. Speed and accuracy tend to be inversely correlated no matter what the motor skill.