Re: print out all members of a list, v.1.0

From: rusi
Subject: Re: print out all members of a list, v.1.0
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 21:33:56 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 2, 9:51 am, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> In article
> <d00d6215-5ab4-499d-8e7b-07168ad8a...@o18g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  rusi <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes it is. emacs lisp became obsolete when scheme and common lisp came
> > out -- which is about 30 years ago.
>
> How is that possible, since Emacs Lisp came out AFTER Scheme and Common
> Lisp?  CLtL was published in 1984, the same year Stallman started
> writing GNU Emacs?  And Scheme is older, since CL took a number of ideas
> from it (most notably lexical scoping).

Ok I stand corrected technically.

I was speaking more generically -- elisp as a member of the
dynamically scoped 2-lisp family.
ie. to the family of {MAC,Franz,UCI}-lisps that preceded scheme and
CL.

[Personal note: I did my degree project in mid 80s writing a lisp
interpreter.  The only reference I had was the UCI lisp manual.  I
thought the scoping (I had implemented) was strange  (static/dynamic
etc were no words I knew then). After I finished I got hold of the CL
manual
and then had the 'Aha: ' The goofup was not mine!]