Re: rectangle mode selection

From: rusi
Subject: Re: rectangle mode selection
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 00:58:15 -0800 (PST)

Sorry earlier posted posted incomplete

On Mar 6, 1:52 pm, rusi <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 6:40 am, Le Wang <l26w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This is kind of an old thread now, but I just got around to watching
> > > and trying to do like in the video there.
>
> > > I don't see anything like that behavior so assuming I haven't set
> > > something.
>
> > > Posters/bloggers there seem to be pretty ecstatic about it so I must be
> > > doing
> > > something wrong.
>
> > > In the video there is no mention of any special mode other than
> > > cua-mode.
>
> > > I hear no sound so assuming there is none..
>
> > I hear sound.
>
> > When I emulate the video by creating an html file and enter cua-mode,
>
> > > I don't see anything even vaguely like what occurs in the video.  No
> > > rectangle is selected, no block entries or motions seem possible,
> > > etc.
>
> > The audio describes what's going on.  He pressed C-enter to start selecting
> > a rectangle.
>
> > --
> > Le

(info "(emacs)Cua bindings")
has a brief mention of rectangle commands.

So you
1. ensure that cua-mode is on
2. get into 'enhanced rectangle' submode of cua with C-RET

Unfortunately trying to track some of the available functionality
there shows some of those functions as undocumented (eg M-p)

So there are 2 doc bugs here:
1. The info page does not spell out the functionality
2. The functions doing that functionality are not properly documented