Re: Emacs 23, Debian and the "fixed" font

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: Emacs 23, Debian and the "fixed" font
Date: 12 Mar 2011 07:15:43 GMT

On Thu, 2011-02-24, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-24, Tim X wrote:
>> If you can't get it working or don't like it, I would suggest at least
>> emacs 22 rather than going back to emacs 21. However, I strongly
>> recommend getting emacs 23 going [...]
>
> I'll try Emacs 22 first.

I did, and it works well. I just picked the latest emacs22 as packaged
by Debian, modified it slightly and built my own .debs with just a few
temporary setbacks.

The plain non-Gtk version happily uses the "fixed" font. And as a
bonus, I could enable the traditional Emacs scrollbar. I had forgotten
how much better I liked that one compared to the "toolkit" scrollbar!

Thanks for your help, everybody.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@  Oo  o.   .  .