Re: Turn Tramp off

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: Turn Tramp off
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:19:47 -0500

On Mar 29, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Deniz Dogan wrote:

> 2011/3/29 Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm current rlogin'ed to a site I can't ssh to and I don't need tramp right
>> now.  Is there a quick easy way to just turn it off?
>>

> Setting tramp-mode to nil is said to disable it, but if I remember
> correctly I couldn't get that to work when I didn't want tramp.

Yea.  I found that via google but apropos doesn't even mention that.  I later
found tramp-unload-tramp.  This causes ange-ftp to be used -- which is ok I
suppose.  Still is wasting time on a feature that I don't want right now.  Its
a super cool feature when you want it but right now its just bogging me down.

pedz