Re: Git never commits, Magit never pushes

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Git never commits, Magit never pushes
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 10:09:25 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K wrote:
> Have you tried vc-git that comes bundled with emacs.

Now, yes. But it still does not interest me that much, as there is no
interactive diff, which one tool I really need to compare buffers before
committing.

> C-x v d <git controlled dir> and C-x v C-h within a git controlled buffer
> are good places to start.

What's funny for me, though, is the status "added" for a file that has already
been committed several times!?

VC backend : Git
Working dir: c:/home/sva/src/web-in-org/
Branch     : master
Remote     : XXX
Stash      : Nothing stashed

                         ./
                         org/
     added         +x    org/leuven.css

I could commit the file through `vc-next-action'. That works.

I did not find yet, though, how to push it to the Git repo. But, as I said, I
have fears when I have to commit files which I couldn't compare side-by-side.
I "cannot" read the sequential +/- lines...

Any idea on how to progress on this?

Best regards,
  Seb

--