Re: pasting text from other program in emacs

From: Hermann Kleier
Subject: Re: pasting text from other program in emacs
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:00:43 +0000 (UTC)

Javier <javier <at> nospam.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to do to paste text from external programs into an
> emacs window?  I am using emacs 23.2.1 and debian Squezze.  Is this a
> new "feature" of emacs 23?  is it because of the usage of gtk libraries?
> It happens in X and also in the console if I try to paste text with gpm.

The magic comes from the file "t-mouse.el" which is part of the gpm-package. The
file has been included in the emacs-package (revision 22.2) and slighly
modified. See the comments for details. In the package "emacs23-el
23+1-4ubuntu7" most of the goodies have been removed and the gpm-support of
emacs is really poor since then. The cure is to use the 22.2 sources.