Re: The old tramp recursive load

From: FredCroot
Subject: Re: The old tramp recursive load
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 11:04:03 -0700 (PDT)

Deniz Dogan> That's great, I'll just upgrade now!

I had a nasty version of this after upgrading my Aquamacs to the current
version, 2.2: all attempts to use Dired failed with the "recursive load" error.
 Upgrading to Emacs 24 wasn't really an option for me, since the current
Aquamacs is wrapped around Emacs 23.3.

However, the following seems to be a fix in the meantime: load the Tramp file
explicitly in .emacs.  In my case (getting the path from the error message in
*Messages*):

(load-file "/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp.elc")