Re: Emacs equivalent of the ":g" command in vi

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: Emacs equivalent of the ":g" command in vi
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:44:22 +0200

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 5:02 AM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am inclined to the macro approach since the possibilities are endless.

Keyboard macros are great and all, but I wouldn't recommend repeating
it more than a few hundred times. They are slow and sensitive to
external conditions. If your use case requires a repetition of a
thousand or more times, I would recommend `eval' (M-:) or an elisp
function. I have gone down the keyboard macro route once and regretted
it with a large file (~10,000 lines long).

--
Suvayu